High-Density Metro Optical Transport Platform
OptiDriver is the latest addition to MRV’s comprehensive optical networking and carrier Ethernet product lines. OptiDriver capitalizes on the latest innovations in optical technologies to provide a metro optical transport solution with the most flexible, highest density platform available. Based on MRV’s more than 25 years of optical innovation and network experience, OptiDriver is optimized for use in datacenters, service providers, content delivery networks, and large carrier environments where flexibility, space, and power are a premium. OptiDriver is designed from the ground up to reduce capital and operational expenses.
- The most recent addition to MRV’s comprehensive line of optical network elements
- High-density - with more than 80 wavelengths in only 10 RU – combined with industry-leading granularity
- Flexible shelf architecture supports current and emerging optical technologies
- Flexible transponders support speeds from T1/E1 to 100G and protocols including Fiber Channel, Ethernet, SONET/SDH, and others with ultra-low latency
- Highest power efficiency and lowest power consumption of any optical networking system
- Built-in testing and rapid turn-up features including integrated link testing and spectrum analysis
- Flexible add/drop via gridless ROADM and spans of 1,000 km or more supported
- Intelligent control plane with full support from MRV’s advanced Pro-Vision® serviceprovisioning and management system for optical and carrier Ethernet networks
New: OptiDriver Multi-Degree ROADM Module
OptiDriver's multi-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) modules extend the flexibility of OptiDriver to the optical layer by adding dynamic reconfigurability of wavelengths. Designed to make routing wavelengths as easy as routing circuits, the ROADM modules are simple to use but provide powerful features.
The OptiDriver WSS-based ROADM modules provide a complete state-of-the-art, gridless, colorless, and directionless multi-degree ROADM node implementation. When appropriately applied to the right application and network section, they can provide service operators with the full flexibility, efficiency, and control that are required in today's dynamic optical networks.
New: 100G Muxponder
The OptiDriver™ 100G Muxponder offers remarkable flexibility with fully pluggable interfaces. These interfaces can host two 40G QSPF+, ten 10G SFP+ and a 100G CFP uplink that cost-effectively supports pluggable short range, DWDM metro and long range coherent 100G optics. For customers with a large number of 10G services in their network, the muxponder is an efficient way to combine ten 10G services into a single 100G signal. For customers with a mix of 40G and 10G services, the muxponder can carry any mix of services without the need to pre-plan the network or replace hardware for different mixes.
The OptiDriver™ 100G Muxponder enables outstanding flexibility in service consolidation and ensures optimization for current and future high-speed technologies. Data centers, for example, can future-proof their investments and utilize network resources more effectively as they quickly expand bandwidth capacity and improve network manageability. MRV’s Pro-Vision® service provisioning and management solution provides streamlined manageability for the entire OptiDriver™ platform with centralized service visibility, intelligence and control. Pro-Vision enables operators to reduce OPEX and proactively prevent potential errors that can occur from manual provisioning.